NEUROTIC. CHAOTIC. ANTI-PROBLEMATIC. P S Y C H O S O M A T I C.

The line between make-believe and real life must finally have snapped for me. Like really snapped. Was this how crazy people felt when they finally realised that they'd gone crazy? Do crazy people even know when they've gone crazy? Because if I knew that I was going crazy and crazy people didn't know that they'd gone crazy then that'd mean that I wasn't crazy after all... which I dearly hoped.

Friday, April 9, 2010

New story time!

My newest irritating story flitting about my head finally got put to text during my road trip to Melbourne this past week. A friend gave me a notebook for my birthday to write in whilst in the car, which definitely came in handy :P
So my newest endeavor revolves around the Tuatha De Danann - 'Peoples of the Goddess Danu'. In my particular case; Irish faeries. It's got little bits of Samhain and Beltane law with a bit of Green Man legends and all manner of funky bits of folklore like a Sheela na Gig, fairy raths and a secret underwater Crannog.
I love Irish fae-lore to bits.
The only thing is I want to try and keep is as believeable as possible. I mean it's nothing like my Briar Rose sequence (which, by the way, can be found here. Chapter 1 :D) which is all magic and fairies and stuff. Wicked Truth is more folk-lore mystery that's got you goin 'is it or isn't it?'... kinda like Sherlock Holmes when you think the bad dude is a warlock, but really he isn't.
The only task now is to type it out from my notes. I got about the first 3 chapters and a bit done :) not bad for 20 hours work!
Hmmm I also wouldn't mind doing a little list of my leading males, for comparison. I don't wanna start making them all the same. That's the thing I hated about Stephanie Meyers books Twilight and Wanderer. Melanie and Bella have almost no behavioral differences, and you can draw lines between Jacob/Ian and Edward/(the dude melanie's in love with). I want them all to be somewhat different.
So Daemon is a half-Japanese grump who walks with a limp, has a scar from cheek to chin (on such a perfect face! /sob) and is a general badass with 2 guns and a wazikashi blade. Pale, black hair to his jaw and muscled like an AFL player.
Taliesin is a 2000-something year old War-mage who uses blood-sacrifices, charms and a wand to blow people to bits. He also can drain people's life-energy by touching them directly. He's got dark-tanned skin and loooong black hair to his waist... plus long pointy ears and fangs :)
Dominic is half-arab, half-irish (don't ask me how it works, but it does) doctor of Religious Symbology pertaining to European ancient history. Also a descendant of the Fir Bolg people, after the run-in with the Ifreet (fire-demon) he shows certain Jinniyeh aspects (i.e. Keylee has a vision of him disappearing in smoke etc.)
Gotta read up a little more on my Arab folk-lore though for that one -.-
Anyways, till next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment