Acquired the Clash of the Titans (2010) soundtrack from iTunes and had a little listen-through while I was working on Wicked Truth. Words just fell out of me! It was wonderful! I think I found my new inspiration tracks for this book :)
It was interesting too, the score was composed by Ramin Djwadi - who work as an assistant composer to Hans Zimmer on Pirates of the Carribean! You can actually hear some of the same elements, which was nice because its the bits from the PotC score that I really enjoyed; the soft drums keeping time with a lot of violin 8th notes working up and down. Most of all are the wonderful bits where the music swells with the brass section... it sounds... striving, if thats a way to put it. You can hear the epic struggle in the pieces.
Anyway, on that note I shall return to my writing. I HIGHLY recommend this soundtrack, even as a little background music. The music is beautiful :D
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment