NEUROTIC. CHAOTIC. ANTI-PROBLEMATIC. P S Y C H O S O M A T I C.

The line between make-believe and real life must finally have snapped for me. Like really snapped. Was this how crazy people felt when they finally realised that they'd gone crazy? Do crazy people even know when they've gone crazy? Because if I knew that I was going crazy and crazy people didn't know that they'd gone crazy then that'd mean that I wasn't crazy after all... which I dearly hoped.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Feasibility and the unbending legends of Galvanism

So I decided to re-read Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' again, brought on by seeing the music vid for Oomph's song 'Brennende Liebe' (Burning Desire).

mmm this is bad... ideas of Galvanism and alchemical reanimation are gonna worm their way into Trinity now.
Oh well, at least it has a basis in historical science... so it's KINDA feasible.
Fuck me... how feasible is a un-ascended Angel, a Warlock and a Demonic old God in the first place? I can't believe I'm attempting to label this series 'feasible'.
HOWEVER; I guess having story arcs like this that have a basis in either well-known fiction that involves historical science make things more BELIEVABLE. Believability is good. There's nothing I hate more than a book that goes 'Oh yeah, and then daisies shot out of his arse. Why? Dunno... but it was the coolest idea I had at the time.'

I can see it now; a Victor Frankenstein-inspired character hunted by a being that he created. Keylee already has some of the traits that Elizabeth Lavenza had... being an Un-ascended angel and everything.
Productive night tonight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment